Terms & Conditions
- By paying for lessons you are accepting these terms and conditions
- "We, Instructor" refers to Duddon Learners Driving School
- "You" refers to the customer
- We agree to supply driving lessons for learners, full licence holders and vocational pupils
- We will supply a dual controlled, roadworthy vehicle for driving tuition
- We will supply suitably qualified instructors for all lessons
- A PDI giving lessons will do so with the full knowledge and consent of the customer
- Full payment shall be made 48 hours before the lesson is taken
- Block Bookings are available and must be paid for in advance
- 48 hours notice is required for cancellation of lessons, if lessons are cancelled within this period they will be charged for at the full standard rate.
- Block bookings of ten lessons must be completed within a period of 12 weeks, any remaining lessons will then be forfeit. This time limit will be extended when a lesson has to be cancelled due to a driving test or any other instructor reason.
- You must hold the relevant driving licence for the driving lessons
- You agree to cooperate with all instructions and safety procedures during driving lessons
- You will not attend driving lessons whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs illegal or prescription
- We reserve the right to terminate a lesson due to any safety issue that may arise due to the customer's non compliance with instructions, abusive behavior or attitude. This will result in the loss of the lesson fee.
- A practical driving test must only be booked with the Instructor's consent
- We reserve the right to withhold a vehicle from being used for the Driving Test if we consider the customer to have not achieved a safe standard of driving
- Refunds for block bookings are as follows
> contact firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a refund, including the reason for the refund and your bank details
> Refunds will be issued as per these terms and conditions. You will be charged the standard rate for each lesson taken, plus £40 admin charge. Monies remaining will be returned via bank transfer within 2 working days.
Intensive Driving Course
- Intensive Driving Courses will be secured by the agreed deposit
- There is a 14 days cooling off period, however as the driving test is booked straight away any deposit returned will be less a £40 administration charge
- Full payment by bank transfer must be made 2 weeks before the Intensive Driving Course begins
- The course starts and finishes at the agreed times
- If the pupil fails to show up for the course, the Instructor will wait 30 minutes and the day's training will then be forfeit
- If the Instructor cannot attend due to illness or mechanical or traffic issues the whole days training will be reimbursed
- If the Instructor is late due to traffic/mechanical issues extra time will be added to the course by mutual agreement
- Any changes to the agreed course and timings must be made SIX WEEKS prior to the course starting
- If the pupil has not reached the required level to safely take the driving test the Instructor will withhold the car from being used for the test and the remaining hours will be taken as training.
- A specific driving test center cannot be guaranteed due to test availability that is the responsibility of the DVSA
- If the driving test is cancelled and rebooked by the DVSA, we will make the car available at the new time provided that the car and instructor are not previously booked.